As one of our fastest growing programs, our youth basketball league provides a structured, curriculum based approach to help kids develop age appropriate skills and strategies that empower them to enjoy the game and succeed. Teams will participate in an 8-week season, featuring weekly games and regular practice opportunities. As with all of our youth sports programs, our basketball league is founded on a consistent set of core values… Inclusion, Skill Development, Family Balance, and an Lifelong Enjoyment of the game. Lace ’em up, and Let’s Play!
League registration has ended. Please click below to join our league wait list. We will place as many children from the wait list as possible, to fill in roster vacancies. You will be contacted when a spot has become available.
11/20 – League Registration Deadline (Wait List Registration Available Above)
12/3 – Pre-Season League Information sent to participating families via email.
12/4 – Pre-Season COACH information sent to all coach volunteers via email.
12/6 – Team Roster Drafts Completed – Wait List Placements Begin
12/11 – Initial Rosters Sent to Volunteer Coaches (you will NOT hear from your child’s coach before this date. Most coaches wait until AFTER the coaches meeting to contact team families)
12/16 – COACHES MEETING & NEW COACH TRAINING – Times & Location TBD
12/19 – First Day of available practice times (this is the earliest that team practices would begin – 3rd thru 6th grade ONLY). Coaches to coordinate times/dates.
12/20 – FINAL GAME SCHEDULES POSTED to league website.
12/24 thru 1/1 – No practices due to holiday school closures.
1/11 – FIRST DAY OF LEAGUE GAMES (**this has been changed from 1/4**)
2/8 – League Photo Day (coaches to reserve times)
2/29 – FINAL DAY OF LEAGUE GAMES
- Kinder – 2nd Grade – Saturday Practices and Games ONLY. Each week, teams will participate in a structured, 35-40 minute practice, immediately followed by a 20 minute game vs. another team in their grade level.
- 3rd – 6th Grade – Once per week, weeknight practices (to be scheduled by team coach) at a local elementary school, with Saturday morning / early afternoon games.
- 7th & 8th Grade – As part of our Teen Core initiative, this league will be structured as a fully recreational option for teens of all ability levels who want to continue playing and learning the game in an inclusive, low pressure setting centered on fun and lifelong enjoyment. To learn MORE about our Teen Core Initative, please CLICK HERE.
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade teams are Co-ed (boys and girls together). 2nd through 6th Grade teams are separated by gender and by grade. Teen Core teams are Co-Ed and formed weekly.
- Grade levels are kept separated when possible (dependent on participation rates), and grouped together when necessary (5th & 6th Grade combined, for example).
- Play with your friends! Children will be placed onto teams by school (or combinations of nearby schools). Specific Friend and Coach Requests WILL BE HONORED whenever possible!
- PRACTICES – will take place at a variety of local Appleton Elementary schools. Practices will be scheduled by the team coaches following the league coach meeting in early December.
- GAMES – will take place at Huntley Elementary School (K-2nd Grade), Einstein Middle School (K-4th Grade), and Madison Middle School (5th – 8th Grade). Specific league schedules & location assignments will be announced after registration is completed, dependent on final team numbers.
2019 LEAGUE RULES: