As one of our fastest growing programs, our youth basketball league provides a structured, curriculum based approach to help kids develop age appropriate skills and strategies that empower them to enjoy the game and succeed. Teams will participate in an 8-week season, featuring weekly games and regular practice opportunities. As with all of our youth sports programs, our basketball league is founded on a consistent set of core values… Inclusion, Skill Development, Family Balance, and an Lifelong Enjoyment of the game. Lace ’em up, and Let’s Play!
Early Bird Registration begins November 4, 2020 and all other registration opens following that until November 18, 2020.
- Kinder – 2nd Grade – Saturday Practices and Games ONLY. Each week, teams will participate in a structured, 35-40 minute practice, immediately followed by a 20 minute game vs. another team in their grade level.
- 3rd – 6th Grade – Once per week, weeknight practices (to be scheduled by team coach) at a local elementary school, with Saturday morning / early afternoon games.
- 7th & 8th Grade – As part of our Teen Core initiative, this league will be structured as a fully recreational option for teens of all ability levels who want to continue playing and learning the game in an inclusive, low pressure setting centered on fun and lifelong enjoyment. To learn MORE about our Teen Core Initiative, please CLICK HERE.
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade teams are Co-ed (boys and girls together). 2nd through 6th Grade teams are separated by gender and by grade. Teen Core teams are Co-Ed and formed weekly.
- Grade levels are kept separated when possible (dependent on participation rates), and grouped together when necessary (5th & 6th Grade combined, for example).
- Play with your friends! Children will be placed onto teams by school (or combinations of nearby schools). Specific Friend and Coach Requests WILL BE HONORED whenever possible!
- PRACTICES – will take place at a variety of local Appleton Elementary schools. Practices will be scheduled by the team coaches following the league coach meeting in early December.
- GAMES – will take place at Huntley Elementary School (K-2nd Grade), Einstein Middle School (K-4th Grade), and Madison Middle School (5th – 8th Grade). Specific league schedules & location assignments will be announced after registration is completed, dependent on final team numbers.
2020 LEAGUE SCHEDULES (2021 TBD):
2020 LEAGUE RULES:
We are thrilled to recognize Engage Orthodontics of Appleton as a 2020 league sponsor! Thanks to their enthusiastic support of our program, we are able to better fulfill our program values and initiatives by purchasing needed equipment, maintaining reasonable fee levels for our participants, and providing financial support for families who may otherwise be unable to participate!
Engage Orthodontics provides state of the art orthodontic care for the entire family. Check them out, or schedule your free consultation at engageorthodontics.com!