As one of our fastest growing programs, our youth basketball league provides a structured, curriculum based approach to help kids develop age appropriate skills and strategies that empower them to enjoy the game and succeed. Teams will participate in an 8-week season, featuring weekly games and regular practice opportunities. As with all of our youth sports programs, our basketball league is founded on a consistent set of core values… Inclusion, Skill Development, Family Balance, and an Lifelong Enjoyment of the game. Lace ’em up, and Let’s Play!
PLAYER & TEAM PHOTOS – To view proofs of photos taken on Saturday, January 26, and to create your order, CLICK HERE, and enter gallery code 1000697082. COACHES… don’t forget to redeem your codes for a complimentary team and coach/child photo.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- January 5 – FIRST Day of League Games
- February 23 – FINAL Day of League Games (weather permitting)
GAME RESULTS & LEAGUE STANDINGS (Updated February 19)
2019 LEAGUE RULES:
- Kinder – 2nd Grade – Saturday Practices and Games ONLY. Each week, teams will participate in a structured, 35-40 minute practice, immediately followed by a 20 minute game vs. another team in their grade level.
- 3rd – 6th Grade – Once per week, weeknight practices (to be scheduled by team coach) at a local elementary school, with Saturday morning / early afternoon games.
- 7th & 8th Grade – As part of our Teen Core initiative, this league will be structured as a fully recreational option for teens of all ability levels who want to continue playing and learning the game in an inclusive, low pressure setting centered on fun and lifelong enjoyment. To learn MORE about our Teen Core Imitative, please CLICK HERE.
- Kindergarten teams are Co-ed (boys and girls together). All other formats are separated by gender and grade.
- Grade levels are kept separated when possible (dependent on participation rates), and grouped together when necessary (5th & 6th Grade combined, for example).
- Play with your friends! Children will be placed onto teams by school (or combinations of nearby schools). Specific Friend and Coach Requests WILL BE HONORED whenever possible!
- PRACTICES – will take place at a variety of local Appleton Elementary schools. Practices will be scheduled by the team coaches following the league coach meeting in early December.
- GAMES – will take place at Einstein Middle School (K-4th Grade), Madison Middle School (5th – 8th Grade, with Huntley Elementary serving as an overflow location in the event more space is needed for our league.