Dribble. Pass. Shoot. SWISH! It’s time to register for the 2023 Appleton Parks and Recreation Youth Basketball League.
Our Youth Basketball League will introduce and develop age appropriate skills and game-play strategies that lead to a lifelong enjoyment of the game, while creating a foundation of physical abilities that translate to a variety of other sports and activities! Like all of our youth sports leagues, our soccer league is committed to our program’s Core Values of Inclusion, Skill Development, Family Balance, and Lifelong Enjoyment of the Game! Let’s Play!
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade Boys
- 2nd Grade Girls
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boys
- 3rd & 4th Grade Girls
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls
FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS: (updated 3.6.23)
LEAGUE DATES & TIMES:
- January 7 – February 25, 2023 (For K-2nd grade)
- January 7 – March 4, 2023 (For 3rd-6th grade)
- Game times will vary based on age level and team
HOOPS WITH THE HERD: APRD NIGHT
- Join friends, family, and staff of Appleton Parks and Recreation for a fun night out with the Wisconsin Herd!
- This is a great way to hang out with the parents and families from your team while enjoying some entertainment
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 (sorry no weekend games were available)
- 6:00 p.m. Tip off
- Wisconsin Herd vs. Westchester Knicks
- All families will be invited in early before the doors open for a VIP Watch and autograph signing. All kids will be invited to participate in the Jockey High Five Tunnel and receive a FREE Herd t-shirt. All families will also be invited onto the court post-game for a group photo and shoot free throws.
- Limited Inventory! Purchase Tickets Today!
- DOWNLOAD A FLYER TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
TEAM PHOTO DAY:
- Saturday, January 28 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Einstein Middle School.
- Saturday, January 28 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. at Huntley Elementary School.
- Coaches will select times for their teams.
- Team pictures and individual pictures will be taken.
- 5th and 6th grade teams will have to travel to one of the alternative sites. No pictures will be taken at the James Madison site. Due to limited photographer’s 5th and 6th grade teams will have to travel to either Einstein or Huntley.
- All pictures will be able to be ordered online after seeing a proof and can be picked up at the Debbie Dannen studio.
TEAM PHOTO ORDERING INFORMATION:
- To View proofs from session:
– Go to our website: WWW.DEBBIEDAANEN.COM
– Click on the PROOFS Tab (towards the top of the homepage)
– Enter your Email Address
– Enter your Gallery Code
– The CATEGORIES tab (upper Left) will drop down all the team names – locate your team and view your child’s images/place your order.
GALLERY CODE: 1000989704
PHOTOS WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR 30 DAYS FROM PHOTOGRAPHY DATE.
- Kindergarten – 2nd Grade – Saturday Practices and Games ONLY. Each week, teams will participate in a structured, 35-40 minute practice, immediately followed by a 20 minute game vs. another team in their grade level.
- 3rd – 6th Grade – Once per week, weeknight practices (to be scheduled by team coach) at a local elementary school, with Saturday morning / early afternoon games.
- 7th & 8th Grade – This league will be structured as a fully recreational option for teens of all ability levels who want to continue playing and learning the game in an inclusive, low pressure setting centered on fun and lifelong enjoyment. The games will NOT be held on Saturday, but an evening during the week that will be determined based on gym availability. To learn MORE about our Teen Core Initiative, please CLICK HERE.
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade teams are Co-ed (boys and girls together). 2nd through 6th Grade teams are separated by gender and by grade. Teen Core teams are Co-Ed and formed weekly.
- Grade levels are kept separated when possible (dependent on participation rates), and grouped together when necessary (5th & 6th Grade combined, for example).
- Play with your friends! Children will be placed onto teams by school (or combinations of nearby schools). Specific Friend and Coach Requests WILL BE HONORED whenever possible but it is not a guarantee!
- Practices – will take place at a variety of local Appleton Elementary schools. Practices will be scheduled by the team coaches following the league coach meeting in early December.
- Games – will take place at Huntley Elementary School (K-2nd Grade), Einstein Middle School (K-4th Grade), and Madison Middle School (5th & 6th Grade). Specific league schedules & location assignments will be announced after registration is completed, dependent on final team numbers.
Register through November 2, 2022 for $35 Resident and $60 non-resident.
Register November 3 – November 16, 2022 for $45 Resident and $70 non-resident.
FINAL REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, November 16, 2022