POOL IS OPEN!!
Address: 1430 E. John St.
Mead Pool has been an Appleton favorite for over 25 years! Come and enjoy the many amenities available such as a large water slide, 2 diving boards (include a high dive), sand volleyball court and play area, water play features, a full-service concession stand and much, much more! Mead Pool also offers free loaner lifejackets for all non-swimmers as well.
Mead Pool is open Friday, June 7 through Friday, August 23 for the 2019 swim season!
- Zero-depth entry with water geysers, water mushroom, and spray rings
- 25-meter lap lanes available
- 1-meter diving board
- 3-meter diving board (must be 48” tall or pass swim test)
- Heated pool, always 80-82 degrees
Waterslides (must be 44” tall to ride)
- One open flume water slide with over 160’ of flume
- Completely ADA accessible
- Snack bar featuring pizza, ice cream, slushies, and much more!
- Reservable shade pavilion for birthday parties or gatherings
- Fully trained and certified lifeguards
- Locker room with privacy changing cubicles (locks available for rental)
- First aid
- Grass seating areas
- Sand play area with water spigot
- Sand volleyball court
- Do Not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open cut
- Do not bring food, drink, gum or tobacco into the pool
- Shower before enter the pool and after use of toilet facilities
- Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited
- Glass and shatterable items are prohibited in the pool area
- Mermaid tails are not allowed at Mead Pool
- S. Coast Guard approved life jackets may be worn at the pools under strict parental supervision. Life jackets are NOT allowed off of the high dives or down water slides.
- Patrons leaving the facility who wish to return MUST get a stamp from the front desk in order to gain admittance upon return OR be a season pass holder
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open cut
- Food, drink, gum, tobacco, coolers, lounge furniture, and glass containers are prohibited in the pool area. No Carry-ins
- Personal water toys and inflatable devices are not permitted in the pool area
- Shower before entering the pool and after use of toilet facilities
- Water Wings or arm “floaties” are not allowed in any pool
- Snorkels, fins, inflatable devices are not allowed at the pool
- The use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited
- Running, rough play, or spitting is not allowed
- Pets are not allowed in the pool or park area
- Pool furniture is available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- First aid is available at the pool office
- Children ages 7 and under are not allowed at the pools unless supervised by a responsible adult or a person who is 16+ years of age
- Children ages 4 and under or less than 48” tall must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the water. Those under 48” tall may take a swim test to swim in deep water. Please see the Pool Manager for more details.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper. Swim diapers are available for purchase at the front desk for $2.00 each
- Appleton Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items
- Patrons must be 44” tall to use the water slide & 54” tall for the 3-meter board or pass a swim test administered by the Pool Manager
- Lockers are available in each locker room – Bring your own lock or you may rent one from the front desk for $1.00 PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES UNLOCKED. The pool is not responsible for lost or stolen items
3 and Under: Free
Ages 4-17: $3.50
Ages 18-61: $4.50
Ages 62+: $3.50
|Lap Swim- All Ages||Monday – Saturday||11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Open Swim||Sunday – Friday||12:00 – 8:00 p.m.|
|Open Swim||Saturday||12:00 – 6:00 p.m.|
|Sand Play Area*||Monday-Friday during swim lessons**||9:45 – 11:30 a.m.|
*free during swim lessons
**closed week of July 1