Pool will be open regular hours Tuesday, July 4th.
2023 Season: Friday, June 2, 2023 – Friday, August 18, 2023
Address: 1430 E. John St.
Mead Pool has been an Appleton favorite for over 30 years! Come and enjoy the many amenities available such as a large water slide, 2 diving boards (include a high dive), sand volleyball court, water play features, a concession stand, and much, much more!
- Zero-depth entry with water geysers, water mushroom, and spray rings
- 25-meter lap lanes available
- 1-meter diving board
- 3-meter diving board (must be 48” tall or pass swim test)
- Heated pool, always 80-82 degrees
Waterslides (must be 44” tall to ride)
- One open flume water slide with over 160’ of flume
- Completely ADA accessible
- Snack bar featuring pizza, ice cream, drinks, and much more!
- Reservable shade pavilion for parties or gatherings
- Fully trained and certified lifeguards
- Locker room with privacy changing cubicles and lockers
- First aid
- Grass seating areas
- Limited deck furniture
- Sand volleyball court
- Life jackets available for non-swimmers to borrow for free
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult or person 16+ years old.
- Children under 5 years old or less than 48” tall must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the facility. An adult must be in the water within arm’s reach of the child.
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or open cut.
- Do not bring any outside food, drink, or gum into the pool area. This includes carry- ins, coolers, etc.
- Do not use any tobacco products, smoke, or electronic cigarettes within the fence line of the facility.
- Shower before entering the pool and after use of the toilet facilities.
- Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area. This includes in and out of the water.
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Glass and shatterable items are prohibited.
- Only Coast Guard approved floatation devices are allowed under adult supervision. While wearing, children must be within arm’s reach of an adult. Floatation devices are not allowed on waterslides or diving boards.
- All other floatation devices, snorkels, and mermaid tails are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: water wings, noodles, inflatables, any personal floatation device not approved.
- Children who are not toilet trained need to wear a swim diaper when in the water. Swim diapers are available at the admissions counter for a minimal fee.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool or park areas.
- Use of cellphones and other recording device is prohibited in all locker rooms, bathrooms, and changing areas.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES UNSECURE. Appleton Parks and Recreation is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- No personal furniture can be brought in.
- Persons leaving the facility who wish to return MUST get a hand stamp from the front desk or be a pass holder.
- When additional rules and enforcement are deemed advisable for safety or proper conduct of persons in the facility, the management staff is authorized to issue and put these regulations into effect.
- Must be 44” to use the slides
- One person at a time or one adult with one child their lap
- Must go down the slide laying on back or sitting
- No catching at the bottom of the slide
- More specific waterslide rules are posted at the facility
3 and Under: Free
Ages 4-17: $4.00
Ages 18-61: $5.00
Ages 62+: $4.00
3 and Under: Free
Ages 4-17: $2.00
Ages 18-61: $2.50
Ages 62+: $2.00
|Lap Swim- All Ages||Daily||12:00-1:00 p.m.|
|Open Swim||Monday -Friday||1:00-5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||1:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Twilight Open Swim*||Tuesday & Thursday||6:00-8:00 p.m.|
*No lap lanes available during Twilight Open Swim
Register your non-profit organization and/or child care facility to receive a special group rate of $3.00 per person throughout the summer.
HOW TO REGISTER:
The organization must:
- Contact Krystal Ganz, Recreation Programmer, at 920-832-3926 or [email protected] to set up the visit(s) knowing date(s), time(s), and number of visitors
- Complete the rules and regulations acknowledgement form that will be sent via email after date(s) confirmed for visit(s). Visits will not be fully booked until rules and regulations acknowledgement form is returned to Krystal Ganz.
- Provide proof of non- profit status
- Meet the chaperone to student ratio to be allowed entrance into the facility on the date of visit. If group does not have the correct number of chaperones, entrance to the facility may be denied.
3 years of age and under*
4-5 years of age**
6-8 years of age**
9 years of age and older***
*Chaperones must be in the water, and WITHIN ARMS REACH at all times
**Chaperones must be in the water and IN CLOSE PROXIMITY at all times
***Chaperones must MONITOR at all times
IF YOUR GROUP IS NOT REGISTRED:
- The group may not be allowed entrance to the pool.
- If allowed entrance, regular daily admissions fees will apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Krystal Ganz at 920-832-3926.