Appleton Parks and Recreation takes the health and safety of our community seriously and we are actively monitoring COVID-19 developments. We have been and remain in close contact with the Appleton Health Department, who is closely monitoring the emerging and rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. Based on recent conversations with City Leadership we do not feel comfortable proceeding with our fall aquatics programs that take place at East and West High Schools and include Open Swim, Lap Swim, and Swim Lessons. Key factors being we are unable to keep participants socially distanced and participants will not be masked while in the water creating risk for our employees, participants, and patrons. For those currently enrolled in programs, you will be receiving further communication so please stay tuned. Please note, all other fall program will take place as scheduled with safety protocols/guidelines in place.
Address: 610 N. Badger Ave.
West Pool is a 6-lane, 25-yard pool located at Appleton West High School. The pool includes a separate diving well with two 1-meter diving boards. The shallow end begins at 3 ½ feet which also includes a water basketball hoop. West Pool is available for open and lap swim during the months of September through May.
West Pool Amenities
- Shallow area of 3 ½ feet gradually increases to deep end of 12 feet.
- 4-6 lap lanes available during open and lap swim
- Water basketball hoop
- Birthday party packages
- ADA accessible
- Friendly, certified staff on duty
- First aid available
- No lockers available at West Pool. Either leave your valuables in your vehicle or in your bag within sight while you are swimming.
West pool is located within Appleton West High School. To access pool, please park in lot near football stadium or on street parking is available on Badger Ave. The doors to enter the pool are located behind the football stadium, entrance #31. Pool entrance will be on your left as you enter these doors.
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open cut.
- Do not bring food, drink, gum or tobacco into the pool.
- Shower before entering the pool and after use of toilet facilities.
- Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area.
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Glass and shatterable items are prohibited in the pool area.
- Mermaid tails are allowed under close supervision.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper while in the water. swim diapers are available for purchase at the front desk.
- Appleton parks and recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Children ages 7 and under are not allowed at the pools unless supervised by a parent, guardian, babysitter or sibling at least 16 years of age or older.
- Children ages 4 and under and all non-swimmers must be accompanied (within arms-reach) by a parent, guardian, babysitter or sibling at least 16 years of age or older.
- U.S. coast guard approved life jackets may be worn at the pools and are available upon request.
- Water wings or “arm floaties” are not allowed in any pool.
- Patrons leaving the facility who wish to return must get a stamp from the front desk in order to gain admittance upon return or be a season pass holder.
- Snorkels and fins are allowed at the pool. Small personal toys are allowed with parental supervision. Inflatable toys are allowed.
- The use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited.
- The use of cell phones, cameras, video cameras or any device containing recording equipment of any kind is prohibitied in all locker rooms, bathrooms, and changing facilities.
- When additional rules are deemed advisable for proper conduct of persons in this facility, the management is authorized to issue and put into effect these rules.
- Appleton Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
3 and Under: Free
Ages 4-17: $3
Ages 18-61: $4
Ages 62+: $3
|LAP SWIM||Monday & Thursday||8:00 – 9:00 p.m.|
|LAP SWIM||Saturday & Sunday||12:00 – 1:00 p.m.|
|OPEN SWIM||Wednesday & Friday||6:00 – 8:00 p.m.|
|OPEN SWIM||Saturday & Sunday||1:00 – 4:30 p.m.|