The Scheig Center
The City of Appleton’s Scheig Center is located within Appleton Memorial Park and surrounded by the beautiful Scheig Center Gardens. This facility, as well as the gardens, are available for rent by the public year around. Rentals are available one year in advance and fill up quickly, so book your date now!
The Scheig Center is perfect for…
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Graduation Parties
- Birthday Parties
- Anniversary Parties
- Company Picnics
- Holiday Parties
- and much more!
The Scheig Center features a stunning cathedral ceiling with a natural look and feel through exposed wood beams, and windows and doors overlooking the gardens. Amenities include:
- Two kitchen areas; one kitchen is furnished with a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher.
- Heat and air conditioning, therefore available year-round.
- Capacity: Up to 75 people.
- Hours: Friday-Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Monday-Thursday rental times vary; please call to check availability.)
- Reservations are limited to one rental per Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- 2 hour minimum on weekdays and 4 hour minimum on weekends
- To check availability contact Customer Service at 920-832-5905 or email [email protected] .
- To tour the facility contact [email protected].
- It is important to read through the policy before you initial and sign the Reservation Agreement. Failure to comply with Agreement may result in charges.
- Rental dates are not reserved until both the completed Scheig Center Reservation Agreement and payment are received.
Reserving the Scheig Center is Easy!
3 Simple Ways to Reserve.
Choose What Works Best for You!
Once you have completed the Scheig Center Reservation Agreement, there are 3 options for submitting it and securing your date with a payment.
- Scan your reservation agreement and email it to [email protected]. Once Customer Service receives your application, they may reach out with questions via email. Once you receive a confirmation email from Customer Service, you can call (920)832-5905 to make your payment. Payment must be received within five business days of receiving the confirmation email to guarantee your rental.
- Bring reservation agreement with payment to the 1st floor Customer Service at 100 N Appleton St in City Hall- Monday-Friday, 8-4:15 p.m.
- Mail reservation agreement along with payment to Appleton Parks and Recreation, 100 N Appleton Street, Appleton WI 54911. Please note, your date is not reserved until the reservation agreement is received in the office.
For more information or questions, please call Appleton Parks and Recreation Customer Service at (920)832-5905.
Scheig Center Gardens
“A WALK IN THE PARK”
Friends of the Scheig Center Gardens Garden Walk
DATE: Saturday, July 13, 2024
TIME: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Immerse yourself in nature’s beauty as you stroll through vibrant flowers, aromatic herbs, and lush greenery. This garden walk promises a serene escape and feast for the senses. There will be activities for kids and adults, guided tours, garden talks, art vendors, food and more.
More details coming, for now, mark your calendars!
The Scheig Center Gardens, located at 1313 Witzke Blvd inside Appleton Memorial Park, display many unique horticultural and aesthetic features including a native rose garden, serenity butterfly garden, native wildflower garden, fragrance garden, and Veterans memorial garden. Benches placed throughout the grounds encourage visitors to sit and enjoy the colors, textures, varieties and fragrances of the plantings. The Scheig Center Gardens are free and open to the public from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. year round. We invite you to stroll through the theme gardens which have been designed to offer changing patterns of natural beauty throughout the year. Most of the plants featured are native to Wisconsin.
Do you enjoy gardening and want to help keep these gardens beautiful for the community? Learn more about Friends of Scheig Center Gardens an all-friends group dedicated to keeping the Scheig Gardens beautiful for all to enjoy.