The Scheig Center
The City of Appleton’s Scheig Center is located within Appleton Memorial Park and surrounded by the beautiful Scheig Center Gardens. This facility, as well as the gardens, are available for rent by the public year around. Rentals are available one year in advance and fill up quickly, so book your date now!
The Scheig Center is perfect for…
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Graduation Parties
- Birthday Parties
- Anniversary Parties
- Company Picnics
- Holiday Parties
- and much more!
The Scheig Center features a stunning cathedral ceiling with a natural look and feel through exposed wood beams, and windows and doors overlooking the gardens. Amenities include:
- Two kitchen areas; one kitchen is furnished with a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher.
- Heat and air conditioning, therefore available year-round.
- Capacity: Up to 75 people.
- Hours: Friday-Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Monday-Thursday rental times vary; please call to check availability.)
- Reservations are limited to one rental per Friday, Saturday or Sunday even if the availability calendar shows a “partial” reservation for that day.
- 2 hour minimum on weekdays and 4 hour minimum on weekends
- To tour the facility contact [email protected]
- It is important to read through the policy before you initial and sign the Reservation Agreement. Failure to comply with Agreement may result in charges.
- Rental dates are not reserved until both the completed Scheig Center Reservation Agreement and payment are received.
Reserving the Scheig Center is Easy!
3 Simple Ways to Reserve.
Choose What Works Best for You!
Once you have completed the Scheig Center Reservation Agreement, there are 3 options for submitting it and securing your date with a payment.
- Scan your reservation agreement and email it to [email protected] Once Customer Service receives your application, they may reach out with questions via email. Once you receive a confirmation email from Customer Service, you can call (920)832-3914 to make your payment with a MasterCard or Visa.
- Bring reservation agreement with payment to the 1st floor Customer Service at 100 N Appleton St in City Hall- Monday-Friday, 8-4:15 p.m.
- Mail reservation agreement along with payment to Appleton Parks and Recreation, PO Box 1976, Appleton WI 54911.
For more information or questions, please call Appleton Parks and Recreation Customer Service at (920)832-5905.
Scheig Center Gardens
The Scheig Center Gardens, located at 1313 Witzke Blvd inside Appleton Memorial Park, display many unique horticultural and aesthetic features including a native rose garden, serenity butterfly garden, native wildflower garden, fragrance garden, Veterans memorial garden and a water feature. Benches placed throughout the grounds encourage visitors to sit and enjoy the colors, textures, varieties and fragrances of the plantings. The Scheig Center Gardens are free and open to the public from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. year round. We invite you to stroll through the theme gardens which have been designed to offer changing patterns of natural beauty throughout the year. Most of the plants featured are native to Wisconsin.