Join us for our most popular youth sports league of the year! Our Youth Soccer League will introduce and develop age appropriate skills and game-play strategies that lead to a lifelong enjoyment of “The Beautiful Game”, while creating a foundation of physical abilities that translate to a variety of other sports and activities! Our program features a progression based curriculum that provides a stepping stone approach to soccer skill development, and provides a well-rounded understanding of the game rules and strategies. Like all of our youth sports leagues, our soccer league is committed to our program’s Core Values of Inclusion, Skill Development, Family Balance, and Lifelong Enjoyment of the Game! Let’s Play!
Final Registration Deadline Extended to August 23rd!!
Registration is based on child’s 2020/2021 school grade.
PLAYING IT SAFE:
Due to COVID-19 our Youth Soccer League will look a little different this year.
- We will be using a phased approach that has considered safety guidelines from multiple local and national sources including USA Soccer’s “Play On” program
Phase 1: We will be sorting teams into pods of 10 or less (teams) for small group training/skills/drills. Duration will be two weeks minimum and seven weeks maximum.
- Maintain “physical distancing” of six (6) feet.
- Avoid activities involving high level of group interaction.
- Avoid general physical interaction amongst players/coaches (high fives, handshakes, passing objects by hand, etc.)
Phase 2: We will continue to work within our pods of 10 or less (teams) and start incorporating team development/group work. Safety protocols are still in place with the progression of working on team concepts and play with the team.
Phase 3: Pods will be combined in larger groups to allow for game play/scrimmages using the COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Spectators would not be allowed
- Players, Parents/Guardians, and Coaches will adhere to the following responsibilities
- A virtual soccer coaches meeting will be held on September 2nd.
- Practices with teams will begin the week of September 7th. Once a week practice for first two weeks and twice a week practice for the third through seventh week.
- Teams will be at one practice facility for the entire season.
- If practices are scheduled at locations with multiple fields, times of practices will be staggered to maximize time and ease social distancing. (Equipment cleaning will also be taken into consideration.)
- Follow recommendations by the City of Appleton on wearing personal protective equipment.
- Face masks will be encouraged but optional to wear by players and coaches.
- If the season has an interruption due to COVID-19 we have the option to build in a make-up week at the end of the season.
- If conditions of the pandemic improve communication will be sent to coaches and parents regarding the guidelines of the new phase.
- Kindergarten teams and Teen Core are Co-ed (boys and girls together). All other formats are separated by gender and grade.
- Grade levels are kept separated when possible (dependent on participation rates), and grouped together when necessary (5th & 6th Grade combined, for example).
- Play with your friends! Children will be placed onto teams by school (or combinations of nearby schools). Specific Friend and Coach Requests WILL BE HONORED whenever possible!
ADDITIONAL LEAGUE RESOURCES: