We have reimagined one of our favorite summertime events, the Kids Fun Run, into the Kids Fitness Challenge 2020! By registering for this event, not only will you get a week’s worth of fun, healthy fitness challenges for kids, you will be helping raise funds for the Snowdrop Foundation of Wisconsin.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Register online for $12 by June 23rd.
- Packet pick up will be the week of July 13 at the Appleton Facilities and Grounds Building in Memorial Park. (Exact dates and times TBD) Packets will include t-shirt, fitness challenge sheet and other materials.
- This is open to kids ages 2-12, residents and non-residents. (Please note that you will have to pick up the packet, shipping will not be available).
- Wear your shirt throughout the week of July 19-25 while doing your fitness challenge activities. Our staff and special guests will be out and about trying to “Catch You Being Active” to hand out swag bags of goodies throughout the week! Clues on days, times, and locations will be coming on our social media.
- All profits from registration will go directly to the Snowdrop Foundation of Wisconsin.
ABOUT THE SNOWDROP FOUNDATION:
Snowdrop’s mission: To provide scholarships to college bound pediatric cancer patients and survivors while raising awareness and funding for continued research to cure childhood cancer. All of Snowdrop Wisconsin’s funds stay within the state.
60% of Snowdrop’s funds are directed towards clinical trial research at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Our board of seven works directly with the hospital and selects which clinical trial to fund each year. These clinical trials serve as a child’s last hope for treatment if they are not responding to the typical treatment protocols.
40% of Snowdrop’s funds are directed towards our scholarship program. Each year, high school seniors who are either currently receiving cancer treatment or are cancer survivors apply for a scholarship through our online portal. We see this as the light at the end of the tunnel, a promise that we can deliver upon, and a heartwarming experience to see a childhood cancer survivor continue with their life dreams!
One of our motos: Putting one foot in front of the other to end childhood cancer! The virtual event certainly ties into this phrase and we hope that you all stay active while supporting such an impactful cause.
Putting one foot in front of the other to end childhood cancer!