This Historical Appleton Scavenger Hunt is a great way to explore the city and learn about the history that has made Appleton such a great place to live and visit. You will need a smartphone to complete. There are 6 total locations and you must solve puzzles to find each location.
- VERY IMPORTANT! – You will be uploading your answers into a google form on your smartphone throughout the hunt. Make sure to open a new window when looking up clues on your phone, so you don’t lose your progress on your digital form.
- Print off the scavenger hunt packet OR bring a notebook/pencil to
help with the clues
- Parking is challenging in certain spots, be prepared to walk a couple of blocks
- Taking a bike is a great way to get to each point, it is roughly a 7-mile round trip on the bike from first location, through the hunt and then back to the first location.
- If you have trouble entering the answer in google forms, make sure to check your spelling and look at the tips for how to write it on the google form
- HINT -Keep a lookout for historical markers on boulders, signs, and plaques!
- If you are biking, be sure to change you Google Maps directions to biking rather than driving to give you the best route.
- In some cases the directions do not take you to the exact location – you may need to walk around the park or area to find the historical marker.
- When entering in the answer, misspellings or missing words will mark the question wrong – Watch for tips about specific ways to answer questions.