We’re going on a LETTER hunt to find the secret message! The letters of the alphabet will be scattered around Appleton Memorial Park from October 3 – October 11 and it’s your job to find them!
While you are hunting take advantage of reading the story “Fall Mixed Up” by Bob Racka on our StoryWalk!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Start by downloading the map that shows the path in which the letters are scattered at Memorial Park.
- Print off the Secret Message Decoding Sheet to track your letters!
- If you do not have the capabilities to print off these sheets, you can pick up the sheets at The Building For Kids Children’s Museum (100 W. College Ave.) on Thursday, October 1 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. or Friday, October 2 from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Head to Appleton Memorial Park and we recommend parking in the Scheig Center parking lot. (1313 Witzke Blvd.)
- When you find a letter card, it will also have a corresponding number (1-26). The goal is to find each letter and fill in what number it represents.
- Once you’ve found all 26 letters you will be able to fill in the puzzle on the Secret Message Decoding Sheet!
- Submit the “secret message” with the subject Scavenger Hunt to [email protected] by Oct 11 to be entered to a win a prize!
- Five winners will be drawn at random to receive a prize from The Building For Kids Children’s Museum.